Agrivoltaics is the practice of combining agriculture with photovoltaic solar panels in order to maximize land use and increase energy production. Here are ten best practices for agrivoltaics:
- Use panels that are specifically designed for agrivoltaic systems, as they are generally more durable and have a longer lifespan.
- Consider the type of crops or animals being raised, as well as the local climate, when choosing panel placement and orientation.
- Make use of available technology, such as sensors and remote monitoring systems, to optimize energy production and ensure the health and well-being of crops and animals.
- Use panel shading or reflectors to direct sunlight onto crops or animals as needed.
- Incorporate water-saving irrigation systems to reduce water usage and improve efficiency.
- Choose panel frames and mounting systems that minimize the impact on the soil and surrounding environment.
- Consider the potential for wind damage and use appropriate panel mounting and anchoring systems.
- Keep panel surfaces clean and free of debris to maximize energy production.
- Regularly inspect and maintain panels and other equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Work with local authorities and utility companies to ensure compliance with regulations and to facilitate interconnection with the grid.
Agrivoltaics is a term that refers to the integration of photovoltaic (PV) solar panels into agricultural settings. The term combines the words “agriculture” and “photovoltaics.” Agrivoltaics is a form of land-use planning that seeks to maximize the productivity of agricultural land by integrating solar panels into the design of the farm. This can be achieved by using PV panels to provide shade for animals, by using them to power irrigation systems, or by generating electricity that can be used on the farm or sold to the grid. Agrivoltaics is seen as a way to generate clean, renewable energy while also supporting the agricultural industry. Agrivoltaics could also proof to be a very good method for sustainable crypto mining.